Virtual Robotics Toolkit
Out of stock
Produced in partnership with Cogmation, the Virtual Robotics Toolkit (VRT) is a complete simulation of the much-acclaimed LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3. It provides students with an environment to program their own virtual LEGO EV3 robot using a Windows or Mac device. Robotics encourages students to think creatively and apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to real-world problems using knowledge acquired in the areas of maths, science and coding. Teamwork and cooperation are a cornerstone of any robotics project. Students learn it is acceptable to make mistakes, especially if it leads them to better solutions.
The VRT has the ability to import files that are created using a number of free 3D modelling tools. Simply import your model and prepare to be amazed.
Use the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 programming environment to write programs to control your virtual robot, just like you would the real thing.
Experiment how various physical forces act on your robot, change the friction on the playing surface, or mess with gravity to see how your robot would behave in a weightless environment.
See what your robot sees, visualise the sensor outputs in an easy to understand way. The VRT comes with support for a number of sensors including Ultrasonic, Colour Touch, Infrared and more!
Free Online Training Course
Tablet Academy have created a FREE online course produced in collaboration with YouTube star and M.I.T Robotics Student Kyle Markland (Builderdude35). This course starts with instructions on building your robots within the LEGO Digital Designer program before moving on to explaining the functionality of the VRT. What you’ll learn:
- How to build your own robot in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD)
- How to generate LEGO style building instructions and parts list from the LDD
- How to manually configure and drive a robot in the VRT environment
- How to use the built-in challenges to their best potential
- How to modify your robot using the attachments tool
- How to import your own robot into the VRT and configure it
- How to program a robot using the VRT and LEGO EV3 interface
- How the VRT and physical robots can be integrated
- A walkthrough of how to complete the cleanup challenge
- The latest features added to the VRT
This product is non-refundable due to the nature of the product. These are standard user licenses, for floating, multi seat licenses or bulk orders, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other products you might be interested in
Card or Invoice payments
Secure payments and invoices for schools/business
Fast shipping around Scotland subject to supplier availability
We are here to help via our live chat when available and you can call us